Today we teach you to prepare a simple soap to care for and keep your intimate area healthy and free of bacteria.
Our intimate area is delicate and requires special care to prevent infections, irritations and other types of discomforts that can cause bad odors and discomforts. When cleaning our intimate area it is very important to use a soft product that helps us preserve the vaginal flora and provides a protective layer against infections. This is why conventional soaps are little recommended, since they usually have very strong chemicals that can alter the pH of our intimate area.
Nowadays we can find many brands of intimate soaps in the market which help us to have a better intimate hygiene every day. However, so you don’t have to invest a lot of money in such soaps and opt for a more natural alternative, today we want to teach you how to prepare your own intimate soap at home.
Homemade antibacterial intimate soap
This intimate soap is very easy to prepare and its ingredients have properties that help protect vaginal pH , while preventing infections and bad odors. Below we highlight the properties of its main ingredients.
Coconut oil: in addition to having a very pleasant smell, coconut oil contains caprylic acid that is capable of eliminating bacteria and has anti-fungal and antiseptic properties.
Tea tree oil: several scientific studies have found antibiotic and antiviral properties in tea tree oil. It is shown that this ingredient has a powerful action to combat candida and other fungi or vaginal infections. This oil should be used in minimal doses since it is very strong and in excess can cause side effects.
Shampoo for babies without perfume: you can easily find it in pharmacies or in stores specializing in babies. This product is super delicate and has no strong chemicals that can alter vaginal pH.
How to prepare it?
Choose a container of about 100ml or according to the quantity you want to prepare. Fill it halfway with unscented baby shampoo, add two tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 or 3 drops of tea tree essential oil. Finally you stir it so that all the ingredients are integrated well and ready.
Additional tips …
- This soap is natural, safe and very effective, therefore use it every day for proper intimate hygiene.
- Try to use underwear made of natural fabrics such as cotton to protect your intimate area.
- To provide an extra layer of intimate protection, after bathing you can directly apply natural calendula oil or infusion with the help of a clean cotton or gauze. Calendula is recommended to prevent and treat vaginal infections since it has antibiotic and fungicidal properties.
- If you suffer from vaginal infections keep essential tea tree oil at hand and at the first symptoms apply a drop to your panties so that their properties are detached with the heat of the area. This will help fight bacteria and stop the infection.
- Maintain good intimate hygiene, especially in “those days.” Choose some towels or tampons that do not alter your pH.