There are many exercises with which you can burn calories, the most popular without a doubt is going for a run.
But running is not suitable for all people, since some will think it is boring. So we will talk about an excellent alternative, a simple exercise with which you will burn more calories than running for 30 minutes a day.
Do you want to discover what this exercise is? Then we invite you to continue reading this article so that you find out what exercise it is and all the benefits.
Skip the rope to burn calories
Skipping the rope is the exercise we are talking about. And it is so beneficial that a study indicates that jumping rope for 10 minutes is equivalent to running for 30 minutes in terms of cardiovascular improvement and calorie burning. Skipping rope burns approximately 330 calories; and run, 270 calories.
Among the benefits it offers we have the following:
It does not require much time or time: By not occupying space, you can exercise anywhere, anytime. So the excuse that it is raining, that the gym is far away or that you do not arrive on time to your aerobics class, is no longer valid.
Several muscles are worked: By jumping the rope you will tone your arms, legs, trunk and back completely.
Improve your skills: When you jump, not only does your muscles work evenly but it also helps you coordinate and improve your motor skills, that is, it helps you develop your reflexes and balance (vestibular system).
Tips to jump rope correctly
- The first thing is to have a good rope. If you have the possibility, buy your rope in those places that sell products for gyms, they can advise you on the length, dumbbells, etc.
- Wear shoes without padding. There is the option of jumping barefoot (in fact it is much better), however it is preferable that you first dominate the jump, since the lashes on the feet are not pleasant.
- Keep your head straight and look straight ahead, don’t look down. If you can do it in front of a mirror, the better.
- Your torso should be straight and your knees slightly bent.
- Don’t open your arms, keep your elbows close to the body.
- This is important: use the wrists to spin the rope, not the arms.
- When you jump, use your metatarsal, that is, the front of your feet, to propel you and to land. It is not necessary that you jump very high, so that you jump 3 or 4 cm is enough.
- And once you have mastered it (make sure this first), you can make variants in your jump: double turn, raising the knees, heels to the buttocks, with one leg, opening and closing the legs, rope back.